Department of Information Technology
Today’s technological advancements require technology professionals who can help companies to administer their system networks and databases. More importantly these companies need technology professionals to help their computer users to do their job without having to know how the internals of computers work. Our Information Technology Programme, prepares students to be amongst those technology professionals who can help to administer computer systems, manage a network of computers, design and develop Web pages, troubleshoot network security problems, and oversee the physical connectivity of Internet or Intranet connections.
Apart from imparting conventional technical education and rich learning environment, emphasis is laid on co-curricular activities such as Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Debates and Quizzes to prepare the students for highly competitive Job Market. The Department is more focused on the broad picture of modern Technologies like E-commerce, Data Mining & Data Warehousing. We also provide individual attention to students to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
The Programme Objectives developed for B.Tech for Information Technology are:
- Graduates will utilize their expertise and experience to solve Information Technology problems in industry.
- Graduates will be leading professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs in the development and deployment of software, information systems and information management tools.
- Graduates will carry out their assignment in industry with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will have the academic background to be successful in graduate studies.
- Graduates will be able to pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Future of Information Technology:
B.Tech. Information Technology (60 Seats)
Programme offered by the Department is:
IT will continue to expand momentum. The immense expansion in networking technologies is expected to continue into the future decades also. IT will bring about an improvement in the quality of life as it impacts on global competitiveness. Technologies that are emerging are Data Warehousing and Data Mining. They involve collecting data in normal research. Software services that are being used will go a long way. Our main area of focus includes:
- To equip the students with the know-how of designing, developing, maintaining and analyzing Business Information System.
- To understand the principles and acquire the skills to develop the advanced software that underpins major technologies.
- Industrial process control systems.
- To implement the computer skill in Bioinformatics.
- To use IT and mathematics applications in finance
- I.T-assisted education
The Computer Labs are creatively and ergonomically designed, where students get an opportunity to develop their skills. The labs are fully networked. All computers have sophisticated and high-end configurations computing resources and software facility. The labs are set to create special environment required for students of Engineering.
|3.||Network Programming Lab|
|4.||Software Programming Lab|
|7.||Computer Graphics Lab|
|8.||Computer Networks Lab|
|9.||Object Oriented Lab|
|10.||Web Technology Lab|
|11.||Big Data Lab|
|12.||Machine Learning Lab|
|13.||Cloud Computing Lab|
Workshop on CISCO TECHNOLOGIES
MOHD SHADAB KHAN is a Corporate Trainer/Business Development Manager in training Basket. He has Conducted More than 200 Seminars and Workshops in different colleges and has the ability to conduct & deliver motivational seminar for B.Tech/M.Tech/BBA/BCA college students to learn New Technologies. He has valuable experience in creating, disseminating &transferring knowledge in various areas of IT Networking Training. Mr. Khan, having an experience of 11 years, has worked as trainer cum network engineer in various companies and firms in Noida. He is MCSE, MCSA, CCNA certified trainer.
In the seminar Mr. Khan practically demonstrated various networking concepts like:Introduction to various CISCO networking devices, Port and IP addresses, Use of router in corporate network, Use of CISCO Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switches, CISCO Routing Protocols, VLAN and inter VLAN Techniques, WAN, Network Address Translation, and Code Address Translation. Prof. Meenakshi.sharma departmental head (CSE/IT) detailed that students gained a lot of knowledge from this seminar and they got an insight of networkingthe. Dr. Maninder Singh,Prof. Meenakshi Sharma, Prof. Navpreet Rupal, Prof. Shikha Chawla, Prof. Gaurav Sharma, Prof. Navjot kaur were also present in the workshop
The experts selected Ms. Rupinder Kaur’s project “Online Bakers” as the best. “Online Bakers” works in one specific region, provides detailed information of bakery items, has the facility for online booking of any bakery item and time schedule of the delivery of the booked item to the customer. The project which won second position was “Library Management System” for “Online library” operations. The project which came third was “Spasol” with detailed working of a salon.
Two day National Workshop Cum Championship on “Cloud Computing” Sponsored by IFC3, India and IIT Bhubaneswar
Picto Competition organized by Technovation Club
Guest Lecture On General Awareness Of Cyber Security
- Dr. Kawaljeet Singh, Director, University Computer Centre, Punjabi University Patiala delivered a talk on “Applications of Simulation and Modeling in the fields of Computer Applications and Management” for the MCA and M-Tech students of the College. Dr. Singh scholarly discussed on queuing theory, transportation, inventory and communication engineering to explain the rudiments of Simulation & Modeling
- Mr. Ankit Gupta, Senior Software Engineer, Sunlife Pvt. Ltd, Gurgaon delivered a talk on Mainframe Computer in the field of computer science engineering and computer applications
- Dr.Inderpreet Kaur, Sr. Scientist, Biomolecular Electronics an Nanotechnology Group Central Scientific Instruments Organization(CSIO),Chandigarh delivered a guest lecture on “Biomolecular Electronics and Nanotechnology: A path forward” . The expert Talk was focus on the development of biomolecular devices and sensors for heatlth care and engineering applications. This includes electrical characterization of DNA for DNA devices; Bio-MEMs based diagnosis, Biomolecular Motors for Molecular Switches and Carbon nanotubes for Targetted drug delivery and Biosensors
Industrial Visits Organized
The IT department conducts industrial tours every semester to update the students with the latest technologies in the IT industry.