Pharmacy is a versatile, dynamic, growing and increasingly diverse profession; one which creates an excitement because there are so many opportunities for service. Recognized as a science-driven and clinically focused area, Pharmacy is a discipline that combines a wide range of scientific concepts which are critical to the discovery and development of new drugs and therapies. Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. In this course the students study about the drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry etc.
- B.Pharmacy (60 Seats)
- B.Pharmacy (Lateral Entry into 2nd Year)
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and one subject from Mathematics, Biology or Bio-Technology conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council can apply for admission to this course.
B.Pharmacy (Lateral Entry into 2nd Year):
All those candidates who have passed the 2 year diploma in pharmacy from an institution affiliated to PSBTE&IT /recognized Board / University / Council and duly approved by PCI/AICTE and should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category) in the above mentioned qualifying examination, can get admission to this course.
- To Develop professional Pharmacists globally considering the needs of whole world.
- To produce a pharmacist having skills and ability equivalent to International standards of Pharmacy Training.
- To initiate research which will utilize locally available materials for possible use in Pharmaceutical Industry.
- To practice according to the internationally accepted professional code of ethics which will include the ability to: Compound and dispense medicine including sterile preparations, Evaluate drugs to determine and maintain their quality, Participate in the health teams by giving advice in all matters relating to drugs, and, Participate in the training of nonprofessional pharmaceutical staff e.g. dispensers and other health personnel as appropriate.
- Develop ability for in-depth analytical and critical thinking in order to identify, formulate and solve the issues related to Pharmaceutical Industry, Regulatory Agencies, Hospital Pharmacy and Community Pharmacy.
- Develop an ability to solve, analyze and interpret data generated from Formulation Development, Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Develop written and oral communication skills in order to communicate effectively the outcomes of the Pharmaceutical problems.
- Develop team spirit, apart from responding to the social needs and professional ethics.
- Develop an aptitude for lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
- Develop an understanding for the need of pharmaceutical sciences and technology towards giving quality life to people in society.
Scope of Employment
Due to the opening of large pharmaceutical companies, the future in the field of pharmacy is bright. Numerous jobs are available for pharmacists in government as well as private organizations. As such after completing the studies, a student can easily find jobs in pharmaceutical industries, government departments, colleges and universities, hospitals, investigation and research institutes etc. Pharmacists can practice in community pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, extended care facilities, psychiatric hospitals, and regulatory agencies. Sales & Marketing job sector also hires maximum number of pharmacy graduates. One can also work in retail stores of medicines. After registering with the state Pharmacy Council, one can open chemist/drug store and sell medicines as per doctor’s prescription.After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health Inspector
- Research Officer