B.Sc. (Medical Lab Sciences)
B.Sc. (Medical Lab Sciences)
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) is a healthcare professional course concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of chemical, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological diagnostic analyses.
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Sciences (30 Seats)
- Duration : 3 years / 6 semester
- B.Sc. MLS (Lateral Entry into 2nd Year)
- Duration : 2 years / 4 semester
B.Sc.Medical Laboratory Sciences
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and one subject from Mathematics, Biology conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council can apply for admission to this course.
B.Sc. MLS (Lateral Entry into 2nd Year):
All those candidates who have passed the 3 year diploma in Medical Lab Technology with at least 50% marks in aggregate or 2 year Diploma in pharmacy from an institution affiliated to PSBTE&IT /recognized Board / University / Council.
The objective of the course is to produce versatile Medical Laboratory Scientists equipped with adequate knowledge and skills in performing various laboratory analyses and tests related to patients’ diagnosis and treatment and also for the prevention of disease. This course is aimed at producing competent Medical Laboratory Scientists of high professional standing in the delivery of laboratory practice and
- Able to practice in all spheres of medical laboratory sciences or other related areas of employment.
- Capable of functioning as informed professionals in a changing health care system and have the ability to evaluate and construct their own approach to medical laboratory science practice.
- Inculcated with the values necessary to serve the patient and society as a caring, ethical, knowledgeable professionals and enlightened citizens; be it independently or as active members of the healthcare delivery system.
- Having skills in critical observation and enquiry through placement in different units of specialties.
- Possessing good understanding of current and future health issues, public health policy and international health rules and regulations.
- Students will demonstrate entry level knowledge for a medical laboratory scientist.
- Students will evaluate clinical data and results by applying knowledge and skills gleaned from this program.
- Students will exhibit entry level psychomotor and clinical skills for a medical laboratory scientist.
- Students will model the professional traits of an entry level healthcare practitioner.
- Students will demonstrate competent written, oral, and visual communication skills, both as producers and consumers of information.
Medical Laboratory Scientists examine and analyze body fluids, tissues, blood typing, micro organisms, screening, chemical analyses, cell counts etc. of the human body. They play an important role in collecting the information needed for treating most pathology cases by sampling, testing, analyzing and reporting such investigations. Given the focus on the healthcare and the demand for allied health professionals therefore career opportunities for clinical lab professionals are expected to grow faster than the average of all other occupations.
Scientific: Work as Laboratory Scientists at hospitals, Pharmaceutical laboratories, Public Health laboratories, research & product development.
Managerial: Supervisor in laboratory, as consultant to laboratory medicine industry, Quality assurance companies, sales & marketing
Educational: As a Tutor/Teacher in laboratory medicine graduate program.