top & best civil engineering college in punjab
Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is considered to be the most versatile branch among all the engineering branches. It is the branch with lot of diversity right from structural to transportation engineering, environmental to hydrology to hydraulics engineering, geology to geo-technology to earthquake engineering; Civil Engineering can be considered as a single largest branch among all the engineering branches.The Civil Engineering Department offers a Bachelor of Technology degree (B Tech). The program emphasizes four core tracks in Civil Engineering:
The Department of Civil Engineering works hard to create outstanding engineers through advanced teaching-learning methodologies with state of the art research facilities to help them in their special interests. Students are not only imparted technical knowledge but also in interpersonal skills, a vital ingredient to excel in the fast-paced world.
The Civil Engineering Department offers a Bachelor of Technology degree (B Tech). The programme emphasizes four core tracks in Civil Engineering:
(1) Structural Engineering
(2) Geotechnical Engineering
(3) Transportation Systems
(4) Water Resources. Sustainability is incorporated throughout the curriculum.
Labs in every focus area for hands-on training and student projects
The aim of the Department of Civil Engineering is to prepare graduates for professional practice and graduate study through a programme firmly based in strong technical skills, fundamentals, hands – on learning, sustainability, and professionalism.
- To provide quality education and training to our graduates to cope up with international standards.
- To conduct regular continuing education and community development programmes.
- To provide extension and consultancy services to Government, private, public and industrial sectors.
- To excel in Industrial Research and consultancy with appropriate national and international linkages and to maintain highest standards in the field of Civil Engineering.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S)
- Graduates shall have strong practical and theoretical expertise in Civil, allied engineering, mathematics and science and shall opt for employability or higher studies or research or entrepreneurship, either in India or abroad.
- Graduates shall have global outlook, technological leadership, creative thinking towards innovation and enterprise to contribute to society.
- Graduates shall have excellent teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills, high morals and ethical values.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
Students will have
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired need within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- A knowledge and understanding of the management and finance concepts to estimate and manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
The Department of Civil Engineering has well equipped laboratories in the specialized areas. The laboratories are well equipped with all modern equipment to cater the needs of UG students as well as R&D and consultancy works. Testing facilities related to Civil Engineering is provided in our laboratories to fulfill the need of industries. Following are some of the important laboratories of the Department:
|2.||CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY|
|3.||TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING LABORATORY|
|4.||GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY|
|5.||STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS LABORATORY|
|6.||AUTO CAD LABORATORY|
|8.||FLUID MECHANICS LABORATORY|
|9.||STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LABORATORY|
Department of Civil Engineering’s JOHN SMEATON CLUB organized “DUMB CHARADES”
It is a guessing game where one team decides the word or phrase which is given to other team. Only actions has to be done and
the player has to convey the answer only through actions.
It is rightly said actions speak louder
than words. Participants enthusiastically exhibited their gesturing abilities with their tongue-tied.
The following teams were declared as winners on the basis of displaying best gestures, teamwork, innovative thinking etc. and were awarded cerificates :
1. YAWAR YAQOOB BANDAY (CE-8)
2. HANSPAL SINGH (CE-8)
3. MOHD. OMAR (CE-8)
1. DINESH CHANDER (CE-8)
2. TEJWINDER SINGH (CE-8)
3. ROBIN SINGH SALARIA (CE-8)
Two teams got the third position :
1. DIYA BHARTI (CE-6)
2. NASIR KHAN (CE-6)
3. RAZWANA BATOOL (CE-6)
1.VIKRANT SINGH (CE-4)
2. ABHIRAL MAHAJAN (CE-4)
3. MOHD. RUSTAM KHAN (CE-4)
Webinar on “Contribution of Construction Chemicals in Building Performance”
Seminar on “Energy Conservation, Renewable Energy, Efficient use of Energy Resources, Environment ”
Faculty Development Programme on “Earthquake Resistant Buildings”
Guest lecture on “Exploiting campus resources for bright future”
A Guest Lecture On Urban Sustainability And Infrastructure Development
Seminar on “Hoover Dam”
SEMINAR ON INDUSTRIAL AND SOFTWARE TRAINING
Know your Cement Know your Concrete
Guest lecture on “Know your Cement Know your Concrete” was conducted by Civil Engineering Department on 27th Feb 2015 at Conference Hall. Prof. DS Bhambra HOD (CE) welcome Er. Vikas Malhotra, Regional Manager (North) of JP Cement. Mr. Vikas Malhotra is the pioneer in launching Mr. Fix it and JP Cement in North Region with 20 Years of experience in cement industry.
Second year students of CE Deptt. attended the lecture. Mr.Vikas Malhotra explained the Manufacturing process of cement, testing Method and importance of having knowledge on cement and concrete. The students appreciated the Method of presentation and requested for a visit to cement plant of JP Cement at Himachal Pardesh, which was accepted by him.